Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Joys of Infertility (Cristi)

Am I pregnant? Nope! This, my friends is the beautiful blotation that comes every time we do an egg retrieval. I actually have to be careful because the last two times we did this I hyperstimmed with OHSS. So for me to be this swollen in my abdomen already - with still a few days left before the retrieval - is a little nerve wracking for me. When I hyperstimmed, I looked like I was 7 months pregnant! It's really really painful to get OHSS and it lasts a couple of weeks, so I'm praying this doesn't mean it will happen again. It's the craziest thing! I guess I should expect at least this small amount of swelling when my ovaries are currently the size of grapefruits. ;) Why am I sharing this? Because if anyone is about to go through this process, I want to help them not feel alarmed when they wake up one morning while on IVF meds and realize that none of their pants fit and they look like they're expecting. Because really, you ARE expecting. You're expecting a bunch of little follies that will hopefully turn into embryos! It's worth it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment