Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cristi's update

I just went in for my daily ultrasound and blood draw. (And also included a picture of my morning stim injections.) Today they counted 9 follicles in my right ovary and 11 in my left! The largest is measuring 16 mm.  They like you to be at 18 mm before giving the trigger shot. So I will go one more day. That will make for a Wednesday retrieval, it's looking like. Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers throughout this journey! I'm REALLY happy with the numbers thus far!

Also, just to quickly note for my own journaling purposes - I'm feeling REALLY full and distended in my abdomen already. I don't remember having symptoms of OHSS until AFTER the egg retrieval the last two times. So I'm a little bit concerned. Anne-Marie (our amazing nurse practitioner) asked me this morning if I'm already feeling uncomfortable. She told me that whey protein powder and gatorade or other electrolyte drinks will help. So you'd better believe tomorrow I'm going to go out and get both! I thought we had some whey protein powder in our pantry, but it's not there anymore. And I don't know if I'll actually drink gatorade (since I haven't had sugar in over 2 years) or make my own natural version of it with fruit juice and sodium. I'll have to google how to make it myself without sugar. :) If anyone has a natural "recipe" I'm all ears! :)

3 comments:

  1. Coconut water has electrolytes in it! And you can get it without added sugar. Plain is a little gross so me, so I get the kind that has puréed fruit added to it. Then it's manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can mix it into any other drink or shake that you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl! It will be all worth it though!

    ReplyDelete