Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Friday, June 13, 2014

IVF Update

Cristi yet again (I told you it's a crazy week!)

I had my first follicle-measuring ultrasound this morning and another blood draw. She counted 8 follicles in my right ovary and 10 in my left. And the largest is currently measuring 12 mm.  I am really happy with these numbers! Considering I'm over 35 and my mom and my sister both went through menopause in their 30's, I was more concerned this time around. But so far, things are looking really great! So good, in fact, that she said I can skip my ultrasound and blood draw tomorrow and just come in on Sunday. I'll probably do my trigger shot on Sunday and have the retrieval on Tuesday. That's what it's looking like right now. So exciting! The egg retrieval process has never been the challenging part for us (other than me having complications with hyper stimulation). We've always been blessed with good numbers. It's just the carrying of the actual baby that my body can't do. We are so grateful to Robin and her beautiful carrier heart!!


No comments:

Post a Comment