Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Everything Has Beauty


This may be a little weird. I actually even wondered if it was a little too weird to post. (Disclaimer - this is my stomach, so nothing risqué here folks! ;) But it's something I feel passionately about. This is a picture of my current IVF injection bruises mixed in with stretch marks from my pregnancy with Rex. As strange as it may seem, I think they're both beautiful. When I was pregnant with that miracle pregnancy and I started getting stretch marks, I VIVIDLY remember the day I looked in the mirror and SQUEALED happily and excitedly to Jeff: "I'm getting STRETCH MARKS!! This is REAL!!" I worked so hard and fought so hard for that pregnancy and my permanent scars are my medals of honor! And the bruises? That's just a sign that another miracle is in the midst of taking place. This time through the route of using a gestational carrier. Both are absolutely BEAUTIFUL blessings. Yep, I said it. I think my bruises and stretch marks are blessings. Call me weird if you want. But I'm ROARING it from the rooftops! MY BRUISES AND STRETCH MARKS ARE BEAUTIFUL! Really, there IS beauty in everything. (Even though I may have a hard time finding the beauty in wasps. I'll work harder on that one … ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment