Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Joy is in the Journey



Hey guys, it's Cristi again. Things may seem quiet from Robin and I right now. But it's because we're kind of in the "wait" stage at the moment. I've started my BC pills. But that's all that's happened so far. I'll start injections in a couple of weeks and will probably start blogging more then. And the transfer isn't scheduled until July, so things on Robin's end are even quieter. :) 

But I still want to pop in here from time to time and share some of my thoughts with you.  

The quote I posted above - quite possibly one of my favorite quotes I've ever seen. I came across it earlier today on another Instagrammer's feed. (And since I try to post only pictures that I've taken or images/quotes that I made myself, I recreated it with my own handwriting in the Paper app and then added the author's name with a font from the Rhonna Designs app.) 

I LOVE this saying!! I am a huge believer of happiness being a choice. And my one little word for 2014 is JOY. Today I haven't been able to get out of bed from sickness (and the weather causing a flare). But I can still choose to find - and share - joy. 

Jeff and I sang at a fireside on Sunday night and on the way home, we talked a lot about how oftentimes it feels there is an emphasis on "just endure through this life and then everything will be okay." But I don't think that's how the Lord intends it to be for us. Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." Trials and heartaches and sorrows will come to all of us. No one is immune. In fact, for some, it may very well feel like their entire life is one continuous trial. But I PROMISE that we can still find joy IN the journey - not just at the END of it. We only need to know where to look - and Who to turn to. I believe that we are given trials to grow and to become closer to God. And what joy there is in that! One of the members of the ill-fated Martin and Willie Handcart companies said, "We came to know God in our infirmities." Every day I try a little harder to be a little better at choosing to be happy. I cannot cure or change the sorrows of life, but I can choose to live in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment