Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Food For Thought (this is Robin)

So, I spent 4 days with family this past week in Phoenix, AZ for my nephew's high school graduation.  I was able to spend time with my sister who was the one that originally inspired me to pursue this gestational carrier thingy.  Between my conversations with her regarding her journey with infertility and something that I read that was directed towards Cristi, I'm feeling very contemplative and felt the need to write this little post.

I'm not ignorant or immune to the feelings that are associated with infertility.  The loss, anger, resentment, the hope, and then the letdown.  I lost a baby at 11 weeks, and it broke my heart, and when my due date came and went, I felt it all over again.  It still hurts to this day, and always will.

That said, this blog is meant to educate and provide hope. It's not meant to throw infertility in anyone's face or make you feel like we have our thumbs on our noses wiggling our fingers singing "Na, na, na, na, na," at you.  It's not to paint our lives in this aura of perfection and bliss because that's just not the case.  I don't get angry at millionaires because they're rich and I'm not.  Please don't direct anger at those who have children because you don't.  I'm not saying it's not okay to feel anger, but when I feel it's misdirected, I'll say something.  As women, I would hope that we would ban together with empathy, love, and support. Not anger and resentment.

I have known Cristi since February.  I have met and interacted with her FOUR times in my whole life, and I feel like I know her heart.  Is she my best friend? No.  But, is she the kind of person that I'd love to have for a best friend because she's so amazing?  Heck, yes!  (Come on, we all have those people that we meet once and they leave such an amazing impression that you want them in your lives forever, right?)  Relationships take time, but I feel like I know her enough to know her intentions are pure when it comes to this blog. When I read the private message that was full of anger that was directed towards her, my heart broke because I can vouch for her and say that she's not the kind of person who would ever intentionally hurt someone by sharing her experiences.

I have seen infertility bring out the good, the bad, and the ugly in people.  Let's bring out the good.  Let's spread awareness and provide a forum to share your trials and triumphs.  I HEAR you.  I FEEL for you.  I WANT you to experience the joy of parenthood, and most importantly, you are NOT alone.

I'll share the good and bad; the ups and the downs with you all, and I'm well aware that I'm putting myself out there to receive criticism and judgement, and I'm okay with that.  I can be intense at times, and I hope that you all will forgive me if I write something that hurts you.  Again, the purpose of this blog is to educate, and share an authentic experience from the intended mother's perspective, and the gestational carrier's perspective in one place.  The backlash that is received is part of this experience, and expect it to be addressed when it's received.

The world needs more love and understanding in it--so I'm sending it to you all.  XOXO.  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being honest!!! We are in PHX on vacay right now ;)

    ReplyDelete