Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

T-Minus 4 Days!!! (This is Robin)

Hey Folks!  So, this post is mostly for my sake, and I promise I'm not trying to turn this into the "Robin Show."  We are SO close to this transfer, and I'm starting to feel anxious, so I'm blogging for therapeutic reasons.

Today, I tried to explain to my 4 year old what is going on, because out of my three kids, she'll remember this the most.  I haven't really said anything and wasn't on planning on saying anything until it was obvious that there was something in Mommy's tummy, but she's so smart, that I felt like I need to talk to her about what I'm going through.  My kids have met Cristi, her husband, and their sweet little boys, and I asked her if she remembered them.  She told me right away that they have a kitty cat, and I knew she remembered.  I explained to her that I was going to take care of their baby for a little while, but that it was theirs and I really think she understood.  She loves babies, and is such a little mommy herself, that I've been worried she'd be hurt not having a baby to bring back.  That said, I could just tell from the way that she looked at me, that she understood, which caused a huge amount of relief for me.  We may have to have this conversation a few more times, but I felt a lot of peace with her responses to me.

I have been preparing for MONTHS, and now that it's here, it feels surreal.  Once I started the medication (for real the second time around), it made it more real.  I stink at giving myself shots because I hesitate, and the progesterone shots do hurt.  Not the initial shot itself, but afterwards--it burns a little, and it reminds me of a tetanus shot.  The muscles are sore.  I should probably do myself a favor and watch some YouTube videos.

Just say a prayer that this works!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Was just catching up and wanted to let y'all know I will be praying!!; Hang in there Robin! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support!! (This is Robin btw!) I was up at 5am today feeling anxious--so this was a nice note to read this morning!

      Delete