Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Monday, October 27, 2014

16 WEEKS! (It's me again, Robin!)

Can I just say, that it is amazing that this blog gets WORLD WIDE hits!  To name a few, CYPRUS, POLAND, SINGAPORE, GREAT BRITAIN, FRANCE, AUSTRALIA, etc.  I'm amazed at how the internet has made the world a smaller place, and that we can learn from each other by using these forums!

I hope you all aren't getting bored from hearing from me, but Cristi has had A LOT on her plate the last few months, but trust me, she appreciates the support our families are receiving during this process more than you'll ever know.

So, Baby is doing GREAT!!  This makes me one VERY happy gestational carrier.  Considering this has been a ridiculously hard 16 weeks, it makes is all worth it when I know that the sweet little life in me is happy.  The baby's heart beat was found right away, and was exactly where it should be (beats per minute), and I'm growing right on track.  I'm having ligament pains, which is normal, but sometimes uncomfortable.  Because I have had so much nausea and food aversion, I've LOST weight.  Who knew that it would take me voluntarily getting pregnant to finally lose weight?  That's irony at it's best.

Hearing a baby's heartbeat is always a special experience.  I don't care whose baby it is, it never gets old.  I feel so lucky that this little man gets to be my buddy for the next several months, and then I can pass him on to his mother.  Now that I getting past the nausea, I feel kind of lucky that I get to experience pregnancy again without having to go through the newborn stage.  I may not be saying this in a couple months, but for now, I'm going with it.

And for your viewing pleasure, here's a 16 week bump shot!



Again, thank you for reading our stories!  I hope this blog is doing some good out there in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment