Join us on our journey as we document the miracle of life through the unique perspective of both the gestational carrier and parents-to-be.

Friday, April 25, 2014

A Bond of Sisterhood

Left: Cristi and Right: Robin

We had Robin and Kevin and their kids over for dinner tonight. I already love this woman more than I can humanly express. It's hard to put into words how you feel about someone who is going to carry your child. I think that Robin is a hero. Actually, both Jeff and I think that Robin AND her husband Kevin are heroes. I feel connected to Robin in a way that I haven't ever quite felt before. I think we already share an unbreakable bond of sisterhood.

Also, do you remember the other day, when I said that I purposefully disabled comments on this blog because of a negative experience I had in the past? Well, tonight I decided to rise above my fear and to allow comments. We have had such a wonderful outpouring of love and support and many people have told either Robin or I that they'd love to be able to comment here. So I'm going to let it happen. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers, you guys! We feel it!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!! We all got your back Cristi! Xo @momoffourpeas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited and happy for you! You mentioned your bond with each other. That's exactly how I feel about all of my children's Birth Mothers, it's hard to explain, but the depth of love I have for them is almost tangible. I can't wait to hear more about your journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristi- I may be the most unlikely person to be so affected by your experience. I am currently pregnant with my eighth child, our struggle has not been one of conceiving but rather trying to manage the flood of surprise pregnancies I have been asked endure. Pregnancies have been more than a struggle, no matter how happy I am to welcome another child into our home, the pain, suffering and sacrifice required to get them here has been more than overwhelming, and often time left a sour taste in our mouths about the entire experience. Reading your words, hearing your pain in NOT receiving, and then your gratitude and admiration for one who would make such a sacrifice. . . . somehow softens my suffering, adds value to something I struggle with daily, and erases some of the resentment I try so so hard not to have. Thank you for your open and exposed heart, thank you for rescuing someone who is standing in exactly the opposite position of you. Thank you for reminding me that there is value in my pain and sorrow, and that soon (6 months) this will all be a memory and I will never question the validity of it.

    ReplyDelete